Wednesday 22 May 2013

MAC Chatterbox Review

I've been a little under the weather this week and have had two days off work due to food poisoning :(. I'm finally starting to feel better (honestly, I thought I was on the verge of dying!) thanks to my boyfriend nursing me back to health (buying me Grazia and topping up my flask of very diluted Ribena) but sadly it meant I missed my usual "Tuesday Reviewsday" post this week. I didn't want to continue as if nothing had happened, so I've decided to write up a post on my favourite MAC lipstick; Chatterbox.


Chatterbox is a gorgeously pigmented bright pink shade, and is part of the Amplified creme range, which means it has fuller coverage than the cremesheen collection but is not as matte as the matte or glaze finishes. As the range name suggests, Chatterbox has a really creamy texture and doesn't dry out your lips at all. I find the colour lasts around 3 hours before you need to reapply, but as with every pigmented lipstick it does tend to stain your lips a little and doesn't completely fade away throughout the day if you don't have a chance to reapply.

Just like all the other MAC lipsticks, Chatterbox smells gorgeous! This little vanilla scented bullet is one of my favourite lipsticks, and retailing at £14.00 is perfect for those of you who want a higher end lipstick but don't have the disposable income right now to splash out on your YSL's and Lancome's.

If you are just getting started on wearing lipsticks, I would highly recommend watching this video by Lily Pebbles. It has some great tips for preparing your lips for lipsticks and provides a short guide on building up the right finish for you!

xxx


6 comments:

  1. Oooo really fancy a new MAC lipstick for spring and this looks a good one to look at! Lovely review! Love your blog - now following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty pink and i think the pretty is pretty goof for the quality and how long it lasts! xxx

    http://abambilegsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chatterbox but somehow don't own it yet! This should probably change soon!

    I've got a M.A.C giveaway on my blog at the minute, would love for you to check it out.

    www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been looking for a lipstick like that! Might have something I can go after next time Im in the city! xx

    Christina
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty pink colour, love it :) I only have a couple of MAC lipsticks, need to add this to the collection

    Ellie xo design blog | beauty & fashion blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...