Thursday 4 April 2013

SS13 TREND #3 - Dainty Pastels


The dainty pastel look is by far my favourite of the Spring Summer '13 trends. However, it is also one of the most difficult to pull off, and wearing one too many items can leave you looking like you've been dragged through a chalk factory backwards.

The high street and online marketplace has become completely saturated with pastel pieces, some which are beautiful and some which do not deserve to have ever been designed. My top picks are pictured above, ranging from Ash wedge trainers to frilly socks, a Cambridge Satchel to patent colourblocked brogues.

As with the neon trend, pastels look best when paired with simple, staple items, and in my opinion the best way to wear this trend is by limiting yourself to three (possibly even two) pastel pieces per outfit. 

What do you think about the pieces I have picked? 

Tomorrow's look will be printed trousers.
xxx

7 comments:

  1. I loveee the colors on the colorblocked brogues! Love the colors of the nail polishes you've chosen also(: Great items!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pastel checkerboard print dress! So lovely for Spring.

    Kirsty, xo
    - Clothes, Shoes & Boys with Tattoos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im loving the pastel trend, cant wait to expand my wardrobe of pastel items :)
    Great choice of items there. And where are those wedged trainers from? Theu look great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wedge trainers are by a brand called Ash :) x

      Delete
  4. I love the bag and top, all lovely colours!

    lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous colours! I'm a bit addicted to all things mint or lilac right now, so I am IN LOVE with that bag! Matches your blog background nicely too! :)
    Carrie
    xxxx
    http://carriebrighton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything! I'm loving pastels even though it's fall here, hehe.

    Monica x
    The Total Opposite

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...