Saturday 9 March 2013

Birmingham International Fashion Week

Today was an unusual Saturday, no lie in, no toast and jam for breakfast and no elongated getting ready session with Made in Chelsea on in the background. Today I attended Birmingham International Fashion Week, so I was up at 9am sharp to get ready and get down there, camera in tow.


I thought you all might like to see what I took with me, so in true blogger style, here's what I had in my bag:


As my camera is playing up a little at the moment and the button to take a picture keeps sticking, I relied on my trusty iPhone for runway photos so apologies for the fuzziness!

Defined Moment

Defined Moment, a haute couture brand from Paris, is based upon not following the traditional rules of conventional beauty, but aiming to define its own rules as long as they serve one goal: an outburst of beauty through unusual combinations of techniques and materials that have never been seen before.



Dawn Sunflower

All the way from the sunny Orange County, Dawn Nguyen studied at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise (FIDM) before dedicating her work to Dawn Sunflower. Known for her unique but classic styles, this AW13 collection is inspired by the contrast between day and night by contrasting fabrics and Black and White in the garments.


Sophia Couture

Sophia Couture was my favourite show from today, showcasing some beautiful and timeless pieces. The idealogy between the Sophia Couture collection is to flatter the female figure, with colour used where possible and intricate details on each garment making them truly unique to the wearer.


I had a brilliant time today, I met Feyi from Uncover the Untold and Chloe from Unwritten Hollywood and we all had a wonder around the stalls and then took a seat in the press area between shows to guzzle down some free Red Bull and munch our way through the popcorn on offer. The best thing about meeting up with other bloggers? You don't feel weird about taking photos of your drinks, your press pass landyard etc, because they're doing it too!


Which is your favourite look?
xxx

8 comments:

  1. It's true, when we all get our cameras out it just seems normal!It was nice to meet you today :)

    Feyi
    uncovertheuntold.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like so much fun, great post!x

    makeupmusicfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like it was amazing! and cool nails.

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Must have missed you! I went in the afternoon, the first shows look good - gutted i missed them! love the free popcorn too! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nails and the bag! I own a Denman Brush as well. How do you like it?

    xoxo

    Crystal's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bottled water is a must in our bag right?
    Must always hydrate ourselves.
    I love the photos dear.
    The styles are great.You obviously had a great day!:-)
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'Instant

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks intense! I have always wanted to go to a fashion show!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I'd have known about the event sooner, I'd have loved to have gone!
    I'd have gone just for the popcorn, ahahha :)

    If you fancy checking out my blog too, I'm currently hosting a blog giveaway: http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/my-first-giveaway-200-followers-hip-hip.html

    Love,

    Grace X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...